Idea: "Explicit" Data Types

Craig Black craigblack2 at cox.net
Wed Apr 2 20:37:22 PDT 2008

> I'm not voting because it sounds like it solves a problem that I don't
> have.  Or else I just haven't understood.  I don't know what stack maps
> are, so you kinda lost me on the first sentence.

If you never use explicit memory management, and always use GC, then it
probably doesn't affect you.  If you use explicit memory management, then it
will improve GC performance.  This is about making the GC even more precise.
Stack maps also make the GC more precise, so I thought I would put my vote
in for them as well.  Most modern GC's use stack maps.

-Craig