Forums suffering Priority Inversion with Livelock

Daniel murpsoft at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 3 17:05:30 PDT 2008

I don't mean to rain on anyone's parade, but I'm noticing a livelock priority inversion in the forums.  Everyone's spending months arguing about constness, when there are clear, simple, and higher priority issues to resolve.

1) The x86-32 platform is obsolete, and D still can't run x86-64, and only supports SSE if you hand code it in assembler.  One step away from being targetted to 16-bit x286.  x86-64 has been out for a 5 years now.

2) Compiling a program with extern (C) main(){ return 1; } still doesn't let you cut the excess 80kb of fat.  I don't care what's in there, it needs to be included "on use".

I can't use D at work, and don't use it at home, until these issues are resolved.