Mimimal runtime library

Tomas Lindquist Olsen tomas at famolsen.dk
Fri Apr 4 04:26:26 PDT 2008

Sean Kelly wrote:

> If you're bent on using Phobos however, the division is far less clear.  You will
> need everything in internal, plus std/typeinfo/*, std.thread, and a smattering
> of other modules in std--basically any module that contains a function with
> the prefix "extern (C) _d_..."  From memory, this includes std.asserterror,
> std.moduleinit, and std.outofmemory, and a a few others.
>

> Sean

When I worked on Phobos for LLVMDC (a DMD based compiler project of mine), it was really
frustrating how much of Phobos the core runtime library needed...

Just go with Tango and save yourself the hassle, it's much better structured, and
inter-module-dependencies have actually been given some thought!

Tomas