unpaintable (the solution to logical const) [~ot]

Paul D Anderson paul.d.anderson.removethis at comcast.andthis.net
Fri Apr 4 12:06:13 PDT 2008

BCS Wrote:

> Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
> >
> > I like the idea, but not the keyword.
> >

> every once in a while (about as often as I poke my head into one of
> these threads) I have the crazy idea that maybe we should just invent
> new words for the different flavors of const. words that have no
> connotations that people have to get around. My proposal for the five
> (?) different consts are:
>
> a9ae7ba0-456b-4c61-82f0-93e19802f99f
> ff535086-ec2c-44bb-90ea-20eb8a46efc3
> f025566c-8dff-4f41-b891-f37d19b470bb
> a8d70a83-022e-43d9-b3a5-c799b86e34eb
> a491956a-023e-4a60-8eeb-7cb37ef80b13
>
> I'm not sure how well those will parse with the "-"'s <G>

Those all seem too much alike to me -- I'll probably use "f025566c-8dff-4f41-b891-f37d19b470bb" sometime by mistake when I reallly mean "a491956a-023e-4a60-8eeb-7cb37ef80b13".

I suggest "wall", "spear", "rope", "fan" and "snake"

I guess the day when we program in a natural language is still a ways off.

Paul