Isn't "transitive" the wrong word?

Janice Caron caron800 at googlemail.com
Fri Apr 4 14:46:23 PDT 2008

On 04/04/2008, Manfred Nowak <svv1999 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Janice Caron wrote:
>
>  > The word "transitive" applies to binary relations
>

> From the article on const:
>  "Const being transitive in D means that every reference reachable
>  through the const is also const."
>
>  This is clearly expressing a binary relation.

So the relation is (a is const and b is const and a is reachable from b)?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it also true that in C++,

    (a is const and b is const and b is reachable from a) and
    (b is const and c is const and c is reachable from b) implies
    (a is const and c is const and c is reachable from a) ?

That would be a transitive binary relation, no?

What am I missing?