unpaintable (the solution to logical const)

Janice Caron caron800 at googlemail.com
Fri Apr 4 14:53:46 PDT 2008

On 04/04/2008, Jason House <jason.james.house at gmail.com> wrote:
> Most of the later terms seem confusable with non-changing data instead of type. I like the term isolate the best.

Yeah, it's true - the thing that gets frozen is the /type/, not the
/value/, so any word that is a synonym for const would be s-o-o-o-o
confusing.

I recently suggested to Steve that we use an adverb instead of an
adjective - e.g.

    permanently T x;
    permanently invariant(T) x;

However, neither of us really liked it that much. And then we decided
we didn't care, coz what we care about is proving that the system
works more than choosing a name for it. :-)