Who defines __fhnd_info[_NFILE] ?

Bill Baxter dnewsgroup at billbaxter.com
Fri Apr 4 23:58:00 PDT 2008

Bill Baxter wrote:
> It appears in these two places:
> phobos/std/stdio.d:321:    if (__fhnd_info[fp._file] & FHND_WCHAR)
> phobos/std/c/stdio.d:103:    extern ubyte __fhnd_info[_NFILE];
>
> But I can't figure out how it's supposed to get resolved.
>
> A recent change to Tangobos and/or Tango made it so the symbol isn't
> getting found any more at link time.  I can't figure out how to fix it.
>
> Help appreciated.

Always happens.  Spend an hour getting nowhere trying to figure
something out, then right after you post about it, you finally figure it
out.

__fhnd_info needs to be extern(C).  That was the mistake.

(Larsivi -- you can ignore the message I sent you via the tango email
address.  Tangobos should be working on Windows again now.)

--bb