Grafting Functional Support on Top of an Imperative Language

Jarrod qwerty at ytre.wq
Sat Apr 5 18:08:46 PDT 2008

On Sat, 05 Apr 2008 15:43:16 +0000, Sean Kelly wrote:

> == Quote from Christopher Wright (dhasenan at gmail.com)'s article
>> Agreed. People are mixing languages a decent amount these days; I'd
>> like to see an official, supported way to integrate, say, Erlang with
>> D, so that I can have Erlang parallelize stuff and D do the actual
>> work.
>
> Same here.  I have no interest in "one language to rule them all."  I
> prefer a specialized tool for the task at hand.
>

> Sean

Well, I'm surprised to be getting people agreeing, I kind of expected to
be the black sheep here.
I was kind of serious about the functional dialect of D though. It seems
Walter is keenly interested in exploring functional techniques, so this
might be a better way to get them implemented. No need to hack up D and
make it too complicated.