Removing D embedded in HTML feature

Bruce Adams tortoise_74 at yeah.who.co.uk
Mon Apr 7 05:10:08 PDT 2008

On Thu, 03 Apr 2008 06:18:53 +0100, Jussi Jumppanen <jussij at zeusedit.com>
wrote:

> Christopher Wright Wrote:
>
>> 3. It already takes me five minutes to check out a
>> fresh copy of my projects at work. If the files
>> contained formatting data, they'd be a fair bit
>> larger, which would increase that time. That would
>> be annoying.
>
> And adding binary files to the version control would
> put an end to any meaningful file difference/change
> history feature, making the change control pretty
> much unworkable.

No. It just means your version control system has to understand the file
format or support
the custom filters allowing it to do so. The only reason you can't diff
word documents
(diff them well that is) is the proprietry file format. Still that said, I
don't know
of many VC systems that support custom file formats that way.