OT - Memory usage in days of yore

Janice Caron caron800 at googlemail.com
Fri Apr 11 00:10:09 PDT 2008

On 11/04/2008, Saaa <empty at needmail.com> wrote:
> I'd rather see a pissing contest then erm.. well.. a crapping contest.

I really don't understand the relevance of that statement. It seems a
bit rude to me. Is this some internet jargon with which I am
unfamiliar? Maybe like trolling or flaming or something? I sense no
ill will in this thread.

And there is a positive side to it. Though we were being nostalgic, in
passing we were also pointing out how /much/ it's possible to do with
only small amounts of memory. Modern compilers, for all their
optimisation techniques, could still learn a lot from what the human
brain was doing in the early eighties.