Suggestion: Change precedence of 'new'

Ary Borenszweig ary at esperanto.org.ar
Fri Apr 11 16:20:17 PDT 2008

Robert Fraser escribió:
> Ary Borenszweig wrote:
>> In C++ and D, you have to use _property, or fProperty, mProperty, or
>> some other ugly syntax. :(
>
> OT, why does Eclipse do this? It was also required where I used to work
> (mName for member variables, sName for static variables), but I never
> asked why.

These are just guesses:
  - When you want to autocomplete a field, you type "f" instead of "this."
  - You never mistake a parameter from a field.

But I don't like it. :-P

I know, Eclipse colorizes these differently, but it seems the Eclipse
guys don't want to assume other developers are using/seeing their code
with Eclipse. That's also why, I think, in inherited functions you see:

/*
  * (non-Javadoc)
  * @see foo.Bar.method(String, int)
  */
public void method(String s, int i) {
   // ...
}

In Eclispe you get the marker saying that method is being overriden, but
if you open it in a simple text editor, you can't immediately know that.

Well... that was until annotations appear, together with @Override.