D shared libraries

Unknown W. Brackets unknown at simplemachines.org
Sat Apr 12 00:46:39 PDT 2008

Shared libraries are quite popular.  To be honest, I'm no expert with
them or I would try my hand (I actually did a bit, but I really don't
have much experience with linking problems.)

Would you have any suggestions on what one might do to better understand
the problems Phobos currently has with supporting shared libraries?  If
I understood the problems, I would be happy to work on a solution.

Also, since it's a bit related - what is your opinion on the concept of ddl?

It (the concept; ddl doesn't work at all for me no matter what I try,
and seems overcomplicated in ways) seems like a perfect way to bridge
yet another gap between D and other popular dynamic languages like Ruby,
Python, Perl, PHP, etc.: ease of importing/using shared code dynamically.

-[Unknown]