D shared libraries

Unknown W. Brackets unknown at simplemachines.org
Sat Apr 12 16:08:04 PDT 2008

Well, I'm more talking about why DMD cannot produce shared libraries
(using Phobos) on Linux.  It seems to me the problems for Win32 are larger.

As for ddl - essentially, a runtime linker.  Given an obj file, it links
it against the running program (provided a file listing its references)
and provides methods to pull its symbols.

This allows libraries to function on Windows similarly to so files
(reverse linking.)  I believe mingw32 is actually doing something similar.

-[Unknown]