D shared libraries

Georg Wrede georg at nospam.org
Sun Apr 13 14:49:11 PDT 2008

Walter Bright wrote:
> Unknown W. Brackets wrote:
>
>> Well, I'm more talking about why DMD cannot produce shared libraries
>> (using Phobos) on Linux.
>
> DMD can do it. It's just that nobody has fixed Phobos to do it.

Maybe I'm out of line here, but at this point of this particular thread,
it would have been prudent to include some remark as to what sort of
things Phobos might need to become better suited for shared libraries.

Every thread here has more readers than participants, and we must assume
quite some of them might even consider doing something about the issue,
given the smallest hint on where to start. Right?