how about dem 64bits?

Bill Baxter dnewsgroup at billbaxter.com
Mon Apr 14 05:32:02 PDT 2008

Lionello Lunesu wrote:

> "JMNorris" <nospam at nospam.com> wrote in message
> news:ftv9gt$2841$1 at digitalmars.com...
>> Lionello Lunesu <lio at lunesu.remove.com> wrote in
>> news:ftu6ka$c98$1 at digitalmars.com:

>>> Why is GDC a no-go on Windows? I've even compiled GDC itself on Vista
>>> x64 a while back. (But then I went back to 32-bit Vista, because I
>>> found 64-bit Windows so freakin' schizophrenic.)
>>>
>>> L.
>>>

>> And 32-bit Vista isn't???  For my 32-bit Vista, a good day (and I don't
>> have them often) is only  one unplug-the-computer-and-reboot session.
>
> OK, this'll probably start a flame war, but I really think Vista's
> underrated. I like it a lot.

I think the problem with Vista is that just that Microsoft finally got
things right pretty much right at last with XP in terms of the OS.  It
was the first time Win95 and WinNT really were integrated.  And that was
a big deal.  This time all they've got to encourage people to switch is
glitz and hype.  That's not enough to impress the folks in corporate IT
centers with the big budgets.  XP works pretty darn well.  That's the
biggest problem with Vista.

--bb