how about dem 64bits?

Tim Burrell tim at timburrell.net
Mon Apr 14 06:56:49 PDT 2008

Lionello Lunesu wrote:
> dominik wrote:
>> Lionello Lunesu Wrote:
>>> I never got mingw to work, but cygwin worked fine. Just make sure you
>>> install all needed headers/libraries to build GCC/GDC and it'll work, I
>>> promise ;)
>>
>> So if I install cygwin and mingw I should be able to compile gcc/gdc then? I don't wan't to make cygwin dependable executables though :\
>
> You don't need mingw if you have cygwin. At least, I just installed
> cygwin and that's all I needed.
>
> I don't think the executables need cygwin, just GDC and GCC need cygwin.

This is the wrong way to go.  Cygwin compiled executables definitely
need cygwin to run!  When you're running something under cygwin you're
actually running an app that is using a windows port of the linux
programming APIs.  If you compile an app using gcc under cygwin you're
explicitly linking it to the cygwin environment.

Yeah you can still redistribute it, but you'll need to distribute the
appropriate cygwin dll's and so forth along with your app.

mingw and gdc win (http://gdcwin.sourceforge.net/) are really what he
wants.  I've been using mingw and gdcwin to create binary
redistributable windows apps for some time now (yes with Tango), without
any issues what-so-ever.

Dominik, if you have any specific problems, maybe we can help you sort
them out.

Tim.