Weak references.

Lars Ivar Igesund larsivar at igesund.net
Mon Apr 14 11:44:41 PDT 2008

Jason House wrote:

> Sean Kelly Wrote:
>> Thanks for any investigation you do for this.  If you can find a bug in
>> Tango, I'd be happy to fix it, but I'm too busy to do the research myself
>> at the moment.
>
> I have a vested interest in it... I want my code to work ;)
>
> Just to be clear, what is enough to proclaim stuff as a bug in Tango?
>
> For the failed assert: prior to collect, show a lack of lingering
> references through disassembly?
>
> For a runtime crash: Isn't any crash in core libraries used by Tango a
> Tango bug?
>
> For whatever I can prove to be a Tango bug, I'll submit a ticket.

You can create a Tango ticket for anything directly related to Tango that
doesn't work. In this particular case, a compiler bug is at least as likely
(due to what is working with what where). We have many tickets for problems
that have been verified to be toolchain problems, as it is easier for us to
track how it affect us that way.

--
Lars Ivar Igesund
blog at http://larsivi.net