On the richness of C++

Janice Caron caron800 at googlemail.com
Wed Apr 16 11:13:37 PDT 2008

On 16/04/2008, Walter Bright <newshound1 at digitalmars.com> wrote:
>  The only way to merge function pointers with delegates is to have the
> compiler generate trampolines. This isn't very runtime efficient - the
> template approach will be faster.

I think that all that is being suggested is that function (that which
you get when you take the address of a static or global function)
should implicitly cast to delegate (that which you get when you take
the address of a local or member function).

I suspect that could be done without too much runtime overhead.