Handling constructive criticism

BCS BCS at pathlink.com
Wed Apr 16 12:02:54 PDT 2008

Walter Bright wrote:

> 1) Enhancement requests should go into bugzilla with perhaps a link to
> the corresponding archives page
>
> 2) Other issues should go into the D wiki

FWIW: I second that.

With regards to the (somewhat defensive) response that ideas get; I
think that this is not that bad a way to run things. Walter need to be
conservative in implementing stuff. As long as the thread stays in the
realm of "this is the reasoning for the way things are" and stays out of
"your wrong and this is why" I have no problem with things. A lot of
work as gone into making D what it is and it /should/ take a very good
reason to change stuff (and a very good reason /should/ change stuff)