Handling constructive criticism

Jason House jason.james.house at gmail.com
Thu Apr 17 08:50:12 PDT 2008

Following my own advice for a more proacitve role to constructive criticism...

Sean Kelly Wrote:
> It would be nice if 64-bit support were improved
> (or at least the ABI were
> modified to account for this)

Who defines the ABI?  Is that just Walter?  Do people developing GDC and LLVMDC have any kind of influence over this process?

> and if the linker discarded more unused code.

What is "the linker"?  is this a problem with the digital mars tools or a more generic problem?

> Fixing debug symbol output on linux would be nice as well (I believe symbols
> are still mangled in gdb).

I thought someone created a GDB patch for D symbols.  Is that true?  if so, why hasn't it been adopted by the GDB team?  How can we cause that to happen?