A Fresh Look at Comparisons, Take 2

Yigal Chripun yigal100 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 18 10:57:31 PDT 2008

Janice Caron wrote:
> <snip>...But I do agree with you about needing a
> mechanism for such things. After all, we don't add a new keyword every
> time we add a function, so why should we need a new keyword for each
> new type-constructor or storage class? Someone else pointed out that
> the @ sign is unused in D, and could be used for annotations ... but
> that's an issue for another thread.

OK, we seem to have reached a consensus and I agree that "explicit"
should  be optional as you said.
Robert said on a different thread that many good ideas and suggestions
get lost in the depth of the NG threads. since I don't know how to use
the bugzilla and don't even know where it is, may I ask you to please
add this suggestion to there as an enhancement request so it won't be
lost and maybe Walter would even agree to add it to D [fingers
crossed... :)].

regarding annotations/attributes: should we move this to a new thread
and further discuss it, or maybe add it to bugzilla now as well?

-- Yigal