Library standardization

Janice Caron caron800 at googlemail.com
Sat Apr 19 08:48:05 PDT 2008

On 19/04/2008, Sean Kelly <sean at invisibleduck.org> wrote:
> Except sometimes the programmer doesn't want code exposed, even if
>  it means faster execution.

There's nothing actually to stop you from withholding the source. Just
make two copies of the .d file - one with implementations, and one
without. Compile the one with, to make the library object file, and
distribute the one without.

> Exposing implementation can also have implementation changes cause
>  client code to have to be recompiled.

Changing /any/ source file should require all dependent source file to
be recompiled. That's why we have makefiles and other build systems.