Status D dynamic libs?

Frank Benoit keinfarbton at googlemail.com
Sat Apr 19 11:51:18 PDT 2008

If i want to put dwt into a dynamic lib, then i have those components

- D runtime (tango)
- dwt (either dwt-win or dwt-linux, depends on tango)
- dwt-addons (optionally, dependending on dwt-win/dwt-linux and tango)
- application code, depending on all above.

What i want to do is, to put all dwt and dwt-addons stuff into two libs.

I hope to get shorter build times and smaller executables.

Is that possible on win/linux?
What are the problems?

As far as I remember, Walter said at the conference that DMD /does/
generate pic (position independent code) and it /should/ work. If there
are problems, he would need examples and/or bug reports. Are there
problems? Are there reports?