Library standardization

Sean Kelly sean at invisibleduck.org
Sat Apr 19 21:40:02 PDT 2008

== Quote from Janice Caron (caron800 at googlemail.com)'s article
> On 19/04/2008, Sean Kelly <sean at invisibleduck.org> wrote:
> > > So you want the ability to import a module, but not have to rebuild
> >  > dependent files if that module changes?
> >  > Good luck with that one.
> >
> > Apparently you've never used C/C++.  I apologize or the misunderstanding.
> Touché. But I was talking about D.
> OK, so you're basically saying you want D to have header files, like
> C. Fair enough. The prospect doesn't thrill me, but I would be
> intrigued to know how other many people want this.

Personally, I'd just like the auto header generator to provide some
means of not outputting bodies of any functions at all.  The easiest
way to accomplish this would be to make the feature sensitive to
the -inline switch.  Bonus points would be awarded for preserving
the formatting of the original file, but I suspect that would be difficult
to accomplish.

Sean