Library standardization

e-t172 e-t172 at akegroup.org
Sun Apr 20 03:19:03 PDT 2008

Lars Noschinski a écrit :
> gcc does that, too (for C). And it does not cause problems, as there is
> always a out-of-line version generated for all exported functions (i.e.
> functions not declared static).

I'm talking about shared libraries. GCC doesn't do that when using
shared libraries. He can't, since he has only access to the header files
of the library, not its implementation. However it is possible GCC does
that inside of a project, but there is no problem here since all is done
at compile time (as opposed to the shared library problem, where linking
is done at runtime).