Library standardization

Bill Baxter dnewsgroup at billbaxter.com
Sun Apr 20 16:46:17 PDT 2008

Hans W. Uhlig wrote:

>> Yeah, so. The generated di files already do most of what is asked,
>> sure it isn't very human readable and what ever other problems that
>> come with inline code. If these files aren't doing enough, request
>> correction in di generation, not an entirely new useless file.
>
> If indentation and such are such a problem, just run it through a pretty
> printer.

The compiler has a feature to generate .di files.  Why would you not
want it to do that job nicely?  Yeh, your suggestion is an ok
work-around but the right solution is to just improve the built-in .di
generator.  All I'm talking about is adding some white space appropriately.

I also wouldn't say making such changes should be a very high priority.
  It's just one of those bazillion bits of polishing that remains to be
done, but should be done, some day.

--bb