template hiding suggestion !

Anders F Björklund afb at algonet.se
Mon Apr 21 23:48:13 PDT 2008

Walter Bright wrote:

>> And compiling GDC is far more involved than just running 'make'.  The
>> the process Walter uses to build DMD cannot possibly be as byzantine.
>
> I eschew complex build processes. If it cannot be built with:
>
>     make
 >
> I rewrite it.

The only question being: "which dialect of make" ? :-P

GCC uses autoconf/automake in order to be portable, which really just
means there is an extra "configure" step before the "make" invocation.

GDC's need to patch GCC is complex, but also automated.

--anders

1. PREPARE: ./gcc/d/setup-gcc.sh && mkdir build
2. CONFIGURE: cd build && ../configure --enable-languages=d
3. BUILD: make bootstrap