Library standardization

Robert Fraser fraserofthenight at gmail.com
Tue Apr 22 19:25:43 PDT 2008

Sean Kelly wrote:
> Oh, I see what you mean.  I suppose one could argue that package methods are
> effectively static, but it still seems a bit weird to me.  Can they access instance
> variables?
>

> Sean

Yes, of course. What's your argument for "effectively static"? "package"
is just a protection attribute, just like "public", "private", and
"protected"; I don't see the static-ness involved at all.

Maybe "package" means something different in another language? I'm just
coming from a Java background where package-protection is the default &
quite common.