Library standardization

Michel Fortin michel.fortin at michelf.com
Tue Apr 22 19:32:03 PDT 2008

On 2008-04-21 13:43:20 -0400, Sean Kelly <sean at invisibleduck.org> said:

> Out of curiosity, would you advocate having public class members that were
> not intended to be a part of the class interface?  I haven't been able to think
> of a reason why I would. The package attribute seems to cover every instance
> where I'd want to expose some special functionality outside a module.

There are plenty of that in the D/Objective-C bridge because mixins
can't access private members from other modules, which means that for
using a mixin from another module all symbols in the template must be
reachable from the mixin scope.

That said, perhaps it could be improved. I'd really like to make a few
more things private.

--
Michel Fortin
michel.fortin at michelf.com