Updating D 1.0

Sean Kelly sean at invisibleduck.org
Thu Apr 24 13:26:45 PDT 2008

== Quote from Mike James (mj.wave at btinternet.com)'s article
> What is the successful way of updating the (Windows) DM and DMD subdirectories when a D update is
ready. I have just updated 1.27 to 1.29 by copying/merging the directories - it failed with the Tango
library files when I did a test compilation so I have unzipped the old files and put them back as before. I
have used DInstaller for the complete install previously but it's not up-to-date with 1.29 yet...

Regarding Tango, if a compiler release includes new functions in the runtime, then Tango must be
updated to include them before a Tango app will work with that version of the compiler.  This is
generally a pretty quick process on my part, but it requires my being at home and in front of the
computer to accomplish, which means not until this evening PST at the earliest.

Sean