What's the problem if add toMBSz to tango.sys.win32 ?

Lars Ivar Igesund larsivar at igesund.net
Fri Apr 25 09:17:02 PDT 2008

yidabu wrote:

> On Thu, 24 Apr 2008 21:26:28 +0200
> Lars Ivar Igesund <larsivar at igesund.net> wrote:
>
> thanks for you reply.
>
>> You can't say wrong without coming with a solution, or at least an
>> explanation why it is wrong.
>
> is it right? the solution is Phobos way: toMBSz(name)

This is not an answer to my statement, or at least I don't understand it as
so.

>>This doesn't have much to do with fan-dom either, we're just mostly
>> Unicode users.
>
> I'm Unicode user, not the D users, A version Windows API need multi byte
> convert.

If you create a program using Unicode, so does it's users, right? Or are you
forwarding this from D users not using Unicode (and if so, why don't they
use Unicode?)?

>> The problem is that you are not explaining the problem. You say there is
>> a problem, but you don't provide us with test cases that fail, neither
>> give proper resolutions. Bill did provide some clarifications in the
>> previous round, and some of those issues has been resolved, but some were
>> still not clear enough to figure out how they could be solved.
>
> the problem is Tango has many bad(wrong?) sample for calling A vesion
> Windows API, and Tango based code have not a convenient way to calling A
> version Windows API.

Yes, so you say - but you don't point to which are problematic, and how they
should be fixed (I assume you know, since you appear to know why they are
wrong).

--
Lars Ivar Igesund
blog at http://larsivi.net