Fully transitive const is not necessary

Bruno Medeiros brunodomedeiros+spam at com.gmail
Sun Apr 27 06:09:38 PDT 2008

Lars Ivar Igesund wrote:
> Walter Bright wrote:
>> Invariant strings have turned out to be a resounding success (and I was
>> very, very skeptical of that initially). I suspect that more and more
>> programs will gravitate towards using invariant as people get more used
>> to the idea. I know my programs will.
>
> Do you have any references to this resounding success?

I think that what Walter said ("Invariant strings have turned out to be
a resounding success") is quite obvious to be true. But note that he
said "invariant strings", and not "invariant" by itself.
In other words, what he said does not imply that D's invariant/const
system has been a resounding success.

--
Bruno Medeiros - Software Developer, MSc. in CS/E graduate