Detours and D?

Vladimir Panteleev thecybershadow at gmail.com
Sun Apr 27 20:27:54 PDT 2008

On Sun, 27 Apr 2008 20:39:19 +0300, dennis luehring <dl.soluz at gmx.net> wrote:

> hi
>
> is there a working binding for Microsofts Detours Library available for
> D? or better ask - have someone already written one?
>
> http://research.microsoft.com/sn/detours/
>
> ciao dennis

Someone (N. Alexander) has written a hooking framework for D, but the website is offline now:
http://destroy.selfip.org/kong/

Here's an old package I downloaded when it was announced:
http://thecybershadow.net/dump/ca7d502e8db8d670f369bb4c23c2646a/kong_010.zip
(the license is public domain)

> btw: can the function injection stuff work with D functions?

While your choice of words doesn't make your question clear for me, I'll say that I've successfully integrated C/C++/Delphi programs with my D code using code hooks. In some cases you may need to write bridges between different calling conventions in assembly.

--
Best regards,
 Vladimir                          mailto:thecybershadow at gmail.com