Is all this Invarient **** er... stuff, premature optimisation?

Janice Caron caron800 at googlemail.com
Mon Apr 28 10:53:38 PDT 2008

On 28/04/2008, Walter Bright <newshound1 at digitalmars.com> wrote:
>  What it will do is provide a useful solution for those who really want to
> use mutable strings. I bet that, though, after a while they'll evolve to
> eschew it in favor of immutable strings.

I'm inclined to agree with the prediction - but even so, wouldn't that
be a good thing? I mean, if it keeps people on board with D2 who might
otherwise have run away, then that's good, right? And if those people
later realise they can do more with immutable strings, then that's
good too, right?

Just a thought.