std.stringbuffer

Janice Caron caron800 at googlemail.com
Wed Apr 30 08:03:07 PDT 2008

2008/4/30 terranium <spam at here.lot>:
> Matti Niemenmaa Wrote:
>
>  > A code point in the private use area (U+E000 to U+F8FF), which can be
>  > represented with one UTF-16 code unit, may uppercase to something in the
>
>  does this have any practical use?

Private use characters can be used for invented alphabets, e.g.
Klingon, or my-made-up-funky-alphabet. You can define them to be
whatever you want. However the mechanism for /interpreting/ such
characters is outside the scope of Unicode. All co-operating
applications have to have the same knowledge of what those characters
"mean".