What is Invariant Good For?

Bruce Adams tortoise_74 at yeah.who.co.uk
Sat Aug 2 03:42:32 PDT 2008

On Fri, 01 Aug 2008 20:52:26 +0100, Walter Bright
<walter at nospamm-digitalmars.com> wrote:

> http://www.reddit.com/r/programming/comments/6ui1q/d_what_is_invariant_good_for/

I disagree with the suggestion that immutable is a better choice than
invariant. To me, perhaps still wrongly
in a C++ mindset, mutable and immutable are in terms of the clients
ability to modify the data whereas invariant
data is invariant in the normal sense because it implies a contract.
Namely that X(t+n) == X(t=0) for at least the duration of any function
using X.

It strikes me that 'dibblego' is some kind of troll or an extreme pedant
 from a parallel experience.
I'm not sure how much communicating with it is educational. I understand
all the terms he's using but none of the meanings he
is ascribing to them. And calling you a pseudo intellectual for no obvious
reason strikes me as very troll-like not to mention
rude.

Regards,

Bruce.