What is Invariant Good For?

Knud Soerensen 4tuu4k002 at sneakemail.com
Sun Aug 3 03:33:55 PDT 2008

Peter C. Chapin wrote:
> Walter Bright wrote:
>
>> http://www.reddit.com/r/programming/comments/6ui1q/d_what_is_invariant_good_for/
>>

> For what it's worth, I agree with some of the posts on the article
> itself that "immutable" would be a better word to describe this concept
> than "invariant." I've done some functional programming and I
> immediately understand what immutable means (and why it is good). With
> invariant I had to read about it first. The word invariant makes me
> think of class invariants and loop invariants... a somewhat different
> concept.
>
> Peter

I agree invariant also leads my thoughts into other things.

Walter says in a comments that there is alot of momentum behind invariant.

To verify that I have made a poll, please vote and let us see
http://jyte.com/cl/immutable-would-be-better-than-invariant-in-the-d-programming-language

--
http://crowdnews.eu - Promote yourself and your friends!