Precise GC

Leandro Lucarella llucax at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 07:18:26 PDT 2008

dsimcha, el  5 de agosto a las 03:57 me escribiste:
> Just out of curiosity, is there any talk of any implementation of D getting
> precise GC in the near future?  It seems like when running programs that
> actively use a large fraction of the 32-bit address space, the partially
> conservative nature of D's GC can actually become a significant limitation.
> On the other hand, the long-term solution is 64-bit.  Is precise GC
> technically possible with D, and if so, is there anyone seriously thinking of
> implementing it?

I will be doing some reserch in the next few months as part of my graduate
thesis. Don't expect too much of this, it will be pretty limited (to
Linux+x86, only 32-bits probably). I'm setting up a blog to leave there my
advance, i'll post it here when it's online.