Need help converting basic COM program from C++ to D

Wyverex wyverex.cypher at gmail.com
Thu Aug 7 16:03:01 PDT 2008

Chris Burt-Brown wrote:
> Hi, this my first post and I'm a little lost so please excuse my missteps.
>
> I am trying to implement this basic little program:
>
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms783787(VS.85).aspx
>
> This is a DirectShow "hello world" and I have been looking around for anyone
> who has actually connected to DirectShow through D, but it doesn't appear to
> have been done. I'm sure that I can cope with a more complex example if I
> can get the basics down.
>
> I've searched around and found various other cries for help relating for
> COM; they have only served to confuse me further :( and the section on COM
> on the Digital Mars website is ... erm, disappointingly brief.
>
> I know that this one's a tricky one. Even the slightest nod in a direction
> will be appreciated.
> Thank you very much.
>
> Chris

There is a port for directX in the bindings project on dSource
http://dsource.org/projects/bindings/browser/trunk/win32/directx

Not complete but a good start..
Would be nice to get a complete port of DX though...

Also a post about getting it to compile...
http://dsource.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2217

Other possibility is to write a C dll file in Visual Studio then link to
it....