D 2.0 on Mac OS X

Michel Fortin michel.fortin at michelf.com
Fri Aug 8 19:20:28 PDT 2008

On 2008-08-08 11:26:15 -0400, Moritz Warning <moritzwarning at web.de> said:

> You need to compile it from sources for D2.0 support.
> Make sure you enable D2.0 support (D1.0 is default):
> setup-gcc.sh --d-language-version=2
>
> Here is a howto:
> http://dsource.org/projects/tango/wiki/GdcInstallation

I've been trying to do that using Apple's version of GCC lately, but
not with much success.

I'd really like to create a package with my D plugin for Xcode, GDC,
and a patched GDB capable of demangling function names; the later two
are available on gdcmac.sf.net (thanks Anders), but this version has
some problems with Mac OS X Leopard. I'd like to make installation as
easy as Xcode itself, but I'm somewhat stuck right now. (The next
logical step would be to patch GDC myself so that it compiles fine on
top of Apple's GCC, but I hadn't had the time to do that yet.)

--
Michel Fortin
michel.fortin at michelf.com
http://michelf.com/