Feature Request: nontrivial functions and vtable optimizations

Craig Black cblack at ara.com
Tue Aug 12 12:44:34 PDT 2008

>> Rather than relying on PGO, I would prefer the ability to assign a
>> priorities to virtual functions in the code.  This would indicate to the
>> compiler what virtual functions will be called the most.
>>
>> -Craig
>>

> But it's so anti-cleanness hack.

Are you are refering to my suggestion that we should be able to specify
virtual function priorities?  This is much more clean than writing your own
virtual function dispatch routine whenever you want a virtual function to be
optimized.  Further, the specifying of priority is completely optional.  You
won't be forced to specify a priority if you don't want to.

-Craig