The Death of D. (Was Tango vs Phobos)

Walter Bright newshound1 at digitalmars.com
Wed Aug 13 16:07:01 PDT 2008

Paul D. Anderson wrote:
> Thanks for clarifying this, and I apologize, Walter, and reiterate my
> appreciation for what you do. But I was expressing my frustration at
> what I thought the situation was. If there was discussion about
> licensing issues I missed it. (I missed your earlier post in this
> thread because I was busy "composing" my tirade.)
>
> From my point of view this puts the ball squarely back in Tango's
> court. Is there a fundamental problem here? Can we move forward?

I have not spoken out on it before out of respect for the Tango
developers' right to license Tango as they see fit. These discussions
have been done via email, not on a public forum. I know that not all of
the Tango developers were involved with it, as quite a diverse group has
worked on Tango, and I apologize for that.

But it is clearly time to bring this out into the open.