Tango vs Phobos

Tomas Lindquist Olsen tomas at famolsen.dk
Wed Aug 13 16:10:05 PDT 2008

Walter Bright wrote:
> bearophile wrote:
>> Robert Fraser:
>>> LLVMDC only supports D1 and is soon to come out.
>>
>> D2 is good, I can see only one or two problems in it, so making
>> LLVMDC support D 2.x too looks important to me.
>
> I have no idea what would prevent a backend that works with D1 from
> working with D2.

Except for all our changes to the dmd frontend sources, I don't see any problem with updating
LLVMDC to D2.0.

Of course it would be a bit of work to implement the new expression/statement variations, but
I'd assume nothing _too_ major.

However the plan right now is to make a fully working D1.0 compiler, until that's done no work
will go into future D2.0 support!

Tomas