Tango vs Phobos

Tomas Lindquist Olsen tomas at famolsen.dk
Wed Aug 13 17:20:10 PDT 2008

Walter Bright wrote:
> I suppose this process can be aided if you're willing to send me some
> diffs so I can incorporate the changes.

I'll most likely hold you up on that ;)

Most of the changes we've made are to fix portability/platform related issues. For example,
extensive use of printf formatting flags unsupported by ming32, assumptions that target is
32bit, etc.

These would be really nice to get fixed in your tree as they make up the majority of the
changes, and it would make merging in your DMD updates quite a bit easier. Also it would
probably help other people use the frontend for different things in the future.

We're still at 1.033 in LLVMDC, but once I find the time to merge in 1.034 I'll take a look at
this and see if I can conjure up some patches for review.

Tomas