[OT] - does IP exist?

Bruno Medeiros brunodomedeiros+spam at com.gmail
Fri Aug 15 12:51:07 PDT 2008

I'm just gonna post a small comment with my opinion on this issue.

Pirating music,movies,games,etc., is not the same as stealing physical
things. Like Robert mentioned before, in most cases of pirated stuff, if
you could not pirate it, it wouldn't mean you would be buying the stuff,
so you are not really stealing *money* from the person/company that made
the stuff.
That said, that doesn't change in any way the fact that you had no right
to do that (piracy). Just because something is infinitely copyable
doesn't mean it's ok for you to make your own copy without regards to
the authors wishes of payment or any other thing.
I've pirated most of my stuff (music,movies,games) for most of my life
since I had very little extra money to buy these things, but now that
I've finished my degree and become employed, I'm buying a lot more
stuff, especially those that are worth it.

(BTW, I recommend emusic.com for music purchases, it's nice)

--
Bruno Medeiros - Software Developer, MSc. in CS/E graduate