[OT] - does IP exist?

Robert Fraser fraserofthenight at gmail.com
Fri Aug 15 15:30:50 PDT 2008

Bruno Medeiros wrote:

> I'm just gonna post a small comment with my opinion on this issue.
>
> Pirating music,movies,games,etc., is not the same as stealing physical
> things. Like Robert mentioned before, in most cases of pirated stuff, if
> you could not pirate it, it wouldn't mean you would be buying the stuff,
> so you are not really stealing *money* from the person/company that made
> the stuff.

Actually, I mentioned not all the users who pirate it would get it
legit, but some would. For example, consider a $100 product. If 1/5th
the people who pirate it would have bought it if tehy could not have
downloaded it, you can say that, on average, they're "stealing" $20 from
the company.

OT: I agree eMusic is cool for high-quality & no DRM, but has their
selection improved? I'm on ZunePass which has been fulfilling most of my
music needs, but $15 a month will be too much when I go back to school.