[OT] - does IP exist?

Yigal Chripun yigal100 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 16 13:39:58 PDT 2008

Jb wrote:
> "downs" <default_357-line at yahoo.de> wrote in message
> news:g8772n$lda$1 at digitalmars.com...
>>>
>>> So Adobe may not have lost a sale but someone else has.
>>>
>> Indeed. GIMP has.
>>
>> Oh wait, they're open-source.
>
> Well for sure, Linux has probably lost out aswell because of how easy and
> how many people pirate Windows.

If I could I'd be on Linux only. In fact, I have installed it for my mom
and prefer OSS when possible. Problem is that there are courses at the
university that publish material/homeworks/etc in doc format with
math-type formulas. Open office cannot show those correctly since the
math-type format is proprietary and only available on windows. BTW, Open
Office on windows supports OLE and can show those documents if you have
math-type installed already.

Solving this problem will allow more students to adopt Linux.