[OT] - does IP exist?

Jesse Phillips jessekphillips at gmail.com
Sun Aug 17 19:27:55 PDT 2008

On Mon, 18 Aug 2008 05:13:23 +0300, Yigal Chripun wrote:

> Jesse Phillips wrote:
>> On Mon, 18 Aug 2008 03:08:23 +0300, Yigal Chripun wrote:
>>
>>> Jesse Phillips wrote:
>>>  > Alright, let us start from the beginning. What is a right, who
>>>  > gives us
>>> Let's do this another way. Instead of me trying to explain my POV
>>> again I'll refer you to a post:
mailman.8.1219006500.19733.digitalmars-
>> d at puremagic.com
>>> this is by Adam D. Ruppe and he explains it much better than I can.
>>> he's post is the exact thing I'm trying to claim.
>>
>> Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
>> "Then why is this debate about rights? Rights are irrelevant - what
>> matters is the results."
>>
>> Wrong. Don't care about the results. I'm all about the individuals
>> rights.
>>
>> "If your goal is to create an environment where ideas and art flourish,
>> great. That's a good goal, and that is where your defence should be
>> focused."
>>
>> Nope, my goal is to have rules and regulations make it so that people
>> do not interfere with other persons or their property. And to do so
>> people need to have rights, rights that don't interfere with other
>> peoples rights. This creates a big problem with the below suggestion.
>>
>> "Forget all this repetitive talk about rights, and talk about how the
>> law helps or doesn't help achieve this goal (or whatever other goal you
>> want to set).
>>
>> "Copyright law might be a valid way to achieve this goal. It might not
>> be. There might be completely better ways (something I'm convinced of).
>>
>> "Setting a real world goal for the debate lets both sides create an
>> objective test case for their arguments, which would let it finally
>> come to an adequate conclusion."
>>
>> I have set my goal, which heavily uses person's rights. And you have
>> set yours, which is the best business model to have, what was it again,
>> oh yes "information" spread.
>>
>> I have said before that I don't care about best business model and
>> disagree with you as to what information is.
>>
>> I should probably continue on why I feel individual rights are more
>> important than trying to help the world flourish with ideas and
>> invention. People are greedy. My goal tries to tailer to this in a way
>> that will help the flourishing of ideas and invention, yours just says
>> it is a bad thing and should be denied. I do not see it as a bad thing,
>> just a fact and no one should be punished for it (the free market can
>> do that).
>
> Do you own a mouse? not a real live one, but one that is connected to a
> PC? if you do, than please click the link I provided. Your entire post
> answers the *wrong* post.
> Here's the link again in case I've mistyped it or something:
> http://www.digitalmars.com/pnews/read.php?
server=news.digitalmars.com&group=digitalmars.D&artnum=75179

Ok sorry about that, I wasn't able to access your original news:// link
so I had to do a google search on his name and that is what I found.
Luckily I have already created a response for this one as well.

http://www.digitalmars.com/webnews/newsgroups.php?
art_group=digitalmars.D&article_id=75206