D newb

Lutger lutger.blijdestijn at gmail.com
Sun Aug 17 23:29:33 PDT 2008

Tim H wrote:
> I'm looking for a good D tutorial.  Something that would have all these
> answers.  Can you recommend one?  I've been writing C for a dozen years
> and C++ for a few, as well as other stuff here and there.
>
> Tim

There is one wiki which contains a lot of information (probably the most)
and further links: http://prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi

It has a section about learning D, I'd recommend reading 'text in d'.
Perhaps the sections about porting C and C++ to D are also worthwhile in
your case, to see differences. Furthermore, the digitalmars site has lots
of good documentation, not only the spec but the articles are good too.
Some articles are specific for C++ users.

The book about Tango is really mostly a book about D, so that's good too.
There is a sample chapter you may find useful here:
http://www.gamedev.net/reference/programming/features/DTangoCh2/