[OT]Talking to Pirates

JMNorris nospam at nospam.com
Mon Aug 18 12:16:30 PDT 2008

Robert Fraser <fraserofthenight at gmail.com> wrote in news:g8a0lo$2nn8$1
@digitalmars.com:

> That sounds about right for the casual games space. The space is filled
> with a lot of products and besides one or two "must-plays", they
> generally feel like perfect substitutes for me (the only "must-play" PC
> casual game I've encountered is Peggle, though I bought Aquaria - big
> letdown IMO - and will definitely buy World of Goo).

I hadn't realized that all work and no play made me such a dull boy.  I had
no idea that there was casual game space and have no idea what a casual
game is.  I suppose I can guess what an indie game is, but don't know who
the non-indie companies are.  To me, computer games are Solitaire,
Minefield, Adventure (the original with twisty little passages going
everywhere), Pac-Man, and Asteroids.  I confess, I am REALLY boring and out
of touch.  :-D

10 or 20 percent piracy is good advertising.  At 90% and more piracy, you
wonder how folks stay in buisness.

--
JMNorris